- Reducing inefficiencies and improving holistic enterprise risk management through a single electronic system
- Improving data analytics to inform incident reduction initiatives at all local business units
- Developing new and improved sustainability awareness e-learning videos relating to OHS
- Developing an OHS compliance e-learning solution for the group that adopts a blended learning approach
- Reviewing, updating and achieving new OHS targets
- Implementing the medical surveillance programme at our South African operations
HEALTH AND SAFETY INITIATIVES
Sun International launched a sustainability e-learning campaign to achieve a sustainable health and safety-oriented culture change. 10 e-learning videos were developed with different themes throughout the year, based on varying SHE and socio-economic development topics. The four health and safety themed videos included practising good hygiene; slips, trips and falls; as well as fire and electrical safety. We also developed a leader board to drive competition between local units. For the period September 2019 to January 2020 we engaged 20% of South African employees through this initiative and our operations are actively driving this campaign through reward and recognition initiatives.
WORLD DAY FOR SAFETY AND HEALTH AT WORK
GrandWest celebrated World Day for Health and Safety at Work on 28 April 2019 to create public awareness around the prevention of accidents, diseases and fatalities in the workplace. Each department nominated five representatives who were tasked with designing and presenting an applicable health and safety poster. The winning team was awarded a voucher and all staff who participated received a health and safety warrior badge.
Windmill also celebrated the day by hosting a competition for employees who had to match Sun International’s internal safety symbols to specific descriptions. Three winners won a first aid kit.
HEALTH LIFESTYLE AWARENESS DAY
In February 2019, Healthy Lifestyle Awareness Day was celebrated with employees participating in a fun run/walk across most of our units.